Welcome to the second take on the 6 Corners of Chocolate cake (or 6 Corners of Chocolate cake v2.0). This was a 3-layer 10″ chocolate cake filled with fillings to reflect the chocolates.
This one had:
- Bounty bars (filling was coconut white chocolate ganache with desiccated coconut)
- Cherry ripe bars (filling was coconut white chocolate ganache with desiccated coconut and cherry jam)
- Mars bars (filling was whipped caramel and homemade nougat)
- Cadbury Caramello bars (filled was whipped caramel)
- Lindt balls (filling was chocolate ganache)
- Ferrero Rochers (filling was Nutella! Yummm)
This time around I painted the fondant stars with the gold lustre dust mixed with vodka, and as requested by the customer, put extra stars around the cake (attached with melted chocolate), what a genius idea I thought! I also arranged the cut chocolate pieces to face inwards, as though they were people facing inwards to watch a fireworks display. (I know.. My imagination can run a little too wildly/weirdly.. Especially when sleep deprived lol).