Although not originally my idea, when someone approached me with the request to make this cake, I couldn’t resist!
I made individual fillings for each section, hoping that when ensembled with the chocolate cake they would resemble the chocolate bar:
- Mint Aero: milk choc ganache with chopped Aero
- Mars: salted caramel with homemade nougat
- Caramello: salted caramel
- Bounty: coconut white choc ganache with desiccated coconut
- Cherry Ripe: coconut white choc ganache with desiccated coconut and black cherry jam
- Lindt chocolate: milk choc ganache
The cake was then coated with chocolate frosting and encased with Kit Kats.
The final touch was to add some fondant stars of wire. I painted the stars with gold lustre dust, which unfortunately you can’t see the detail of in the photos.